Fully rebuilt in 2017 with just a few thousand road-only miles since, this 1967 MkI Morris Mini Cooper has a long and well known rally history, including class wins with HERO rally group, Le Jog 2010/12, Historic Rally Omloop van Vlaanderen 2006/2012, Ypres Historic 2013, Rally of the Tests 2010, Winter Trial and many more.
With new paint in 2016 and Old English White number marker and jack point indicator added in 2017 (painted, not a sticker), this car was built to the original Monte Carlo specification. Previous RAC and competition documentation supplied.
High dependable, this car was used in the 2017 Italian Job Rally with 2,700 faultless miles. Extremely spritely and precise to drive, this example is surely one of the very best of its kind available and represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a extremely well presented and accurate car.
Build specification includes:
- Full Swiftune Rally High Specification Engine
- Swiftune gearbox, 3.4 straight cut rally diff built by Nick Swift
- Sump gaurd
- Original 4.1 differential included
- 3 Core Upgraded Radiator
- Solid state fuel pump with internal lines
- Internal Brake lines
- FIA specification roll cage
- New in 2017 Race Seats and Harness (in date)
- Monte Carlo Dash
- 5 Gallon Single Tank (twin tanks were optional, gives 170 miles range and larger boot)
- Lucas 6RA Relays, there is not a modern relay in the car
- Monte Carlo light bar power socket (excruciatingly expensive!)
- Monte Carlo Heated screen with TOK switch
- Heated rear screen
- Works headlight covers
- Works map light and switch plate, passenger door
- New Cooper Door cards, and full interior
- HiLo adjustable suspension (dry system – hydrolastic was avoided in competition)
- Adjustable shocks
- Disc brakes front
- All new clutch and brake hydraulic lines, hoses and reservoirs
- New handbrake cables etc.
- Unrated suspension tie bars (and new provided with the car)
- Monte Carlo style, works screen wash in passenger footwell
- Works style Fuse bar below rally clocks.
- Works style Gold Minilites (and spare with Monte Carlo overcentre catch in boot).
- Yokohama Tyres
- Dynamat Sound insulation
- Remote Fire extinguisher plumbing
- Electrical isolation system on scuttle.
- Red w. Ivory Roof
- Cooper Interior
- Rebuilt 2017
- Swiftune Engine/Gearbox
|Variant||Morris Mini MkI Cooper||Gearbox||4 Speed|
|Interior||FIA Buckets (2017, in date)|
|Engine||Straight 4, 1027cc
|Brakes||Disc Front, Drum Rear||Wheels||Gold Minilites|
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no responsibility is taken for error, omission or misstatement or imperfections not stated. Buyers should satisfy themselves pre purchase of the condition and provenance of the car and on their own judgment satisfy themselves as to whether the car accords to its description or not.